Exclusive: WWE Night of Champions 2012 DVD Cover featuring CM Punk

September 20, 2012 by Mark D

Today WWE have finalized the cover for last weekends Night of Champions PPV. The DVD hits stores in just a few weeks (October 16) [pre-order yours now] and we can exclusively reveal its cover.

The cover art features WWE Champion, CM Punk standing over John Cena following the match, with Paul Heyman standing ominously in the background.

US fans can pre-order your copy now for release on October 16, by clicking here.

Unfortunately this one will not be available from SilverVision.co.uk for fans in the UK and Europe following the sad news yesterday; however it will still be available for Australian fans via WWEDVD.com.au.

 




New WWE DVDs on Amazon.co.uk


30 Comments left on this article...

  1. Thomas says:

    I agree with what WWEATTITUDEERA says :
    It looks like it unfortunately 99% chance we won’t be Getting the blu-rays of night of champions 2012, hell in a cell 2012, Survivor Series 2012 and TLC 2012, but still who knows there is a 1% chance we might still be still get the remaining 4 ppvs on blu-ray with new distributor, I swear down wwe would be the biggest bunch of egos up their ass money grabbing morons if they didn’t release these on blu-ray for the uk, the blu-rayy market is so strong here in the uk they wont getting tons of money from blu-rays sales & now they go ahead and do this f**kin Wa*kers, i hope they do otherwise they can just shove the dvds up their ass!! Ameican fans need to start buying the blu ray’s!!

  2. ronaldo says:

    its a sick dvd conver of cm punk the best in the world

  3. Daniel Bee says:

    Just noticed the PPV poster on the spine. People crying out for poster artwork on these can be half happy at least. 😉

  4. Jordan Owens says:

    haha my friend Nick is on the cover! hes right by Punks tights, holding his hands together. he should get a kick out of that.

  5. Mr Z says:

    I like Heyman in the background. He’s lurking back there looking up to no good.

  6. Losse Cannon says:

    I was at this event live and i have that same picture. But i have it from the back of Punk cuz i was in Loge 1 which is the tv side of the PPV. For anyone who is interested after the PPV went off the air Cena makes it up to his feet walks out the ring didn’t hand or throw his wrist bands out to anyone and just went to the back. You think in Boston he would have talked or something. But he looked straight up upset. Don’t know why he was trying to sell it the cameras we no longer on. But it was a great night so glad this PPV and match came to Boston. This is the 2nd year straight we got a PPV last year was Royal Rumble 2011. I hope we get Hell In A Cell or Money In The Bank for 2013. Oh and as for the cover i do like it but don’t like Paul in the back round.

  7. Anonymous says:

    What would make this cover even better is if it were released on blu-ray….

  8. Bill says:

    Paul Heyman makes a DVD cover

  9. Anonymous says:

    Nice cover. I also liked the MITB cover as well.

    I’m starting to think people buy the PPV DVDs just for the cover

  10. Hamish says:

    No more PPV Blu-Rays from the UK 🙁

    • WWEATTITUDEERA says:

      It looks like it unfortunately 99% chance we wont be Getting the blu-rays of night of champions 2012, hell in a cell 2012, Survivor Series 2012 and TLC 2012, but still who knows theres a 1% chance we might still be still get the remaining 4 ppvs on blu-ray with new distributor, i swear down wwe would be the biggest bunch of egos up their ass money grabbing morons if they didnt release these on blu-ray for the uk, the blu-rayy market is so strong here in the uk they wont getting tons of money from blu-rays sales and now they go ahead and do this f**kin Wa*kers, i hope they do otherwise they can just shove the dvds up their ass!! Ameican fans need to start buying the blu ray’s !!

  11. reminds me of the NOC 2010 cover. but better

  12. RabidHeat says:

    I just think it’s a really weird photo to use for a cover. The positioning of Paul Heyman off the side really makes it look horribly unsymmetrical.

  13. @imdjluis says:

    I really don’t get why they keep cheaping out on the DVD covers. They have trashed awesome promo posters in place of whatever Cena did that night, or even like with this cover, whatever the top guy in the company is doing. Some like this pass because well at least it’s CM Punk and not Cena. But for me, I’d much rather see the PPV poster, no matter what it was, because way more time and creativity went into designing that. But of course, it makes business sense to do stuff like this, no doubt about it. I personally just don’t like the cheap art. They can take this picture and still do a whole lot more to it to make it artistic.

  14. Vincenzzzzzo says:

    Nice cover. Oh, how I cannot wait for the day ALL DVD releases are available on Blu-ray. Soon.

  15. ALK says:

    Rise Above Cena, love it. XD

  16. Dave says:

    Its funny, people bashed the MitB cover because it “spoiled” the event, not only that but Cena was on the cover.

    Now that the NoC cover “spoils” the main event, it has Punk front and center so its automatically awesome according the internet wrestling community.

    Most internet wrestling fans are just a bunch of fickle minded and biased group that hate any wrestler NOT named CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and Dolph Ziggler.

  17. Simon says:

    Awesome cover!

  18. andy says:

    Damn like this cover, not sure about the side bit ………

  19. WWEATTITUDEERA says:

    The reason why WWE home video exists is because they want fans to buy these dvds/blu-rays if they missed out on the first time or did not want to buy it on ppv or to relieve these ppvs again in years time to remember that they were classic ppvs and to make more money if they did not get enough buys from PPV, they expect you fans to know the results of the ppv if you are following raw and smackdown daily basis each week, they dont care if it spoils the result of the ppv, they want a cover that will attract the causal/ or avid wwe dvd buyer and think wow and they want covers to stand from the rest in the sports section in retailers
    thats there main goal, even a average wwe fan will be curious to check out this ppv in particular (Night of champions 2012) if they havent been following WWE for a few months or years and they will think i want this PPV to find out how CM Punk vs John Cena WWE Championship Main Event was, Was it any good or was it bad or was it average etc,
    Its all about attracting the buys!!
    I dont think WWE Cater their Covers to the sad people who complain about the cover spoiling the results of PPVs, im sure they going to think your going to watch the show and pop in that disc in the dvd player and not stare at the cover otherwise they just going to laugh and think your weird!!
    Great Cover, Good PPV, Main Event was Really Good i give the PPV a 8/10

  20. Anonymous says:

    I love how people hold the view that these covers spoil results somehow. If you’re a fan of pro wrestling/WWE and you hold out to home video releases to find out match results… then um…. you’re weird. You’d obviously have to avoid ALL weekly TV programming too. This is no different to having a Superbowl release emblazened with the colours of the champions.

    • captain planet says:

      It’s not about that. It’s about someone who missed the PPV not knowing the results, and it’s about any of us who over time forgot the results. Not everyone is a diehard fan, and not everyone saw or remembers every PPV. That’s why people don’t like spoiler covers (although this barely qualifies given the match).

  21. Geolink says:

    Beautiful cover art even though it spoils the ending…

    Dem Yankees pinstripes + Paul Heyman = Awesomeness

Leave Your Comments

 

More of the latest Wrestling DVD News...    

RELEASED TODAY: First Look Photos of ‘WWE 24: The Best of 2018’ DVD – A Four Episode Collection
FOUR New WWE DVD Sets Announced for 2019 With Release Dates – Including ‘Best of NXT TakeOver’
SURPRISE! The WWE Evolution 2018 DVD Has Officially Released Today As A Walmart Exclusive
REVEALED: New Cover Artwork & Extras for WWE Survivor Series 2018 DVD, Win Super Show-Down!
EXCLUSIVE: WWE Producing ‘Best of NXT TakeOver – 2018’ DVD; First List of 2019 Releases Revealed
FULL CONTENT Listing for WWE ‘Best Pay-Per-View Matches 2018’ DVD – 16 Bouts And A Royal Rumble!