– The WWE Studios release of No Holds Barred will be via DVD format only. This one will be available on July 3rd from all stores and retail sites, not only Walmart.
When world wrestling champion RIP THOMAS (Hulk Hogan) refuses to join a competing network, an evil executive creates a new program, “The Battle of the Tough Guys,” where rules don’t exist and men engage in an all-out brawl for money. After a murdering ex-convict by the name of ZEUS (Tom “Tiny” Lister) comes out on top as the toughest man, an ultimate title match with RIP is the TV network’s best chance for big ratings. But when Rip refuses the challenge and his brother is roughed-up as a consequence, the world champion has no choice but to teach Zeus a lesson in a final No Holds Barred fight to the finish.
– Earlier today product listings for WrestleMania 28, Best of Clash of the Champions, and ECW Unreleased were removed from Silvervision.co.uk – the European WWE DVD distributor.
Silver Vision made the following announcement on their Facebook page:
Unfortunately we have had to remove WrestleMania 28, The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions and ECW Unreleased Vol 1 from the website for the time being. At this point I have no more information and should you require a refund then please contact customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8292 4875. We apologise for any inconvenience
We have no explanation for this, nor any further details. Silver Vision are the only ones who can update on it. We expect it’s just a technicality of some sort and that the three titles will be re-listed for sale soon. Refunds are available in this period of uncertainty.
– If you’re attending the upcoming UK tapings of Raw and Smackdown in the O2 arena, Silvervision.co.uk can get your face on a WWE DVD cover!
The event is in conjunction with Asda. There is a WWE DVD promotion running at Asda stores in the UK right now. Included are the likes of Rey Mysterio: Life of a Masked Man, WrestleMania 26, WrestleMania 27, Best of Raw 2010, Survivor Series 2010, and Over the Limit 2011 priced from £5 to £7 (Thanks to Evan McFarlane for passing that along).
– Bad news for Blu-ray importers, as several of our readers sent word that the latest European exclusive WWE TLC 2011 Blu-ray disc is not working on North American players.
Previously, since SummerSlam 2011, every pay-per-view BD release had been compatible. The trend looks to be over.
– Off the heels of the End of an Era WM28 Hell in a Cell match, WWE has ‘re-released’ the Hell in a Cell DVD gift set, with Undertaker figurine. It’s shipping now at Amazon over here.
Previously this was put out as an FYE exclusive, along with a Kane version. Both were said to be limited edition at the time.
– You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge was released on DVD and Blu-ray this week to the United States. Get your copy by clicking here.