As a collector and seller of WWE DVD’S I have noticed over a period of time that some of these are a real challenge to find, and when you do find them they usually demand big bucks.
I have put together a list of 10 WWE DVD’S that I have noticed to be the hardest to find. These are DVD’s that have that rare factor that make collectors want to keep them and sellers wanting top dollar for them. When these show up on sites like EBAY, they usually don’t last long. Some of them people don’t even know about, some of them people see the high dollar price tag and wonder why is this DVD so expensive?
Well I am going to talk about some these DVD’s and explain why they are so collectable. Keep in mind that this list is in no particular order, but any way you look at them, they are rare and can be a challenge to find!
1. WWE Raw Homecoming: This DVD was sold at Wal-Mart in a exclusive double pack with WrestleMania 20. This DVD had a very short shelf life cause it was pulled after the Chris Benoit tragedy since he was on the DVD. This DVD demands a value between $80-$150 used or still factory sealed.
2. WWE Judgment Day 2002: This was the first official “WWE” release on DVD after the name change. It was only available on WWEShop.com for a limited time, so if you did not order it from WWE then you did not get it. The version I speak of is the USA release with a DVD release number on the spine of the case that is WWE59316. There is another release going around that’s from Canada, you can tell them apart cause the Canadian release has “KOCH” on the case and disc. The USA release usually demands $80-$175 depending on the condition. I have personally seen this DVD sell for $500 still sealed!
3. Best Of The WWF 2001 Viewers Choice: This DVD was only released in Canada and is highly sought after in the USA. This DVD highlights the 10 best matches of 2001 and some great moments of 2001 as well. This was on TV at the end of 2001 as a new year’s special on RAW. This DVD usually demands $75-$125.
4. Trish Stratus 100% stratusfaction Guaranteed Collectors Edition: Now this DVD is very tricky to find. It was released as an exclusive to FYE and came with a Trish bobblehead. This is one of those collectables that you read about or see pictures of it on the Internet but you can hardly ever find it for sale. If you are lucky enough to come across this beauty expect to pay between $100-$200, if your lucky that is!
5. WWE Vengeance 2002: This is another DVD that was only available on WWEShop.com, so if you didnt get it there then you didn’t get it at all. This was for sale for a very limited time and then it was pulled. This is also the last PPV we would see The Rock win the WWE Championship, as he lost it to Brock Lesnar just 1 month later at SummerSlam. This DVD demands $65-$110, and if you can find it still sealed it gets as high as $300!
6. NWO Back In Black: Now this is a very popular DVD. If you are a die hard WCW/NWO fan this DVD might not do it for you. The reviews people give it are usually not that great because it skips over a lot of there WCW days. Me personally, this is one of my favorites, the extra matches on here are why. It has a great tag match from RAW with The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hogan, Hall, and Nash. This DVD is one of the deleted ones cause it has WWE logos on the cover and the disc, yet all the content is WWF. This DVD usually demands $60-$85, and if you can find it sealed expect it to be $150 or higher.
7. Undertaker – The Phenom (From the WWF Attitude Collection): This DVD was released in 2002 as part of the WWF Attitude Collection. The titles in the collection were previously only available on VHS. Recently certain titles from the Attitude Collection have started demanding more and more money. Out of the 12 DVD’s in the series, the Undertaker DVD seems to be the hardest to find. Other demanding titles from the collection are TLC, Best of WrestleMania 1-14, Best of Survivor Series 87-97, In Your House Rock Bottom 1998, In Your House Unforgiven 1998, and Austin vs. Mcmahon. While those DVD’s demand $25-$45, the Undertaker DVD demands $65-$105 if you can find one.
8. WrestleMania 17: Some people consider this to be the best WrestleMania ever. With all the great matches and the shocking end to the main event, it’s hard to argue that it’s not. The DVD had a very short shelf life cause of the high demand, and to this day its still on the top of collectors want list. This DVD usually demands $65-$100 depending on condition.
9. The Best Of RAW 15th Anniversary 4 Disc Wal-Mart Exclusive: This is a DVD that is just starting to come around as being hard to find. It was released with a bonus 4th disc that contains the entire first episode of RAW. The 4th disc version was exclusive to Wal-Mart for a very short period of time. It demands $30-$45 now, but as time goes on it may well demand more cause you hardly see it for sale. There is a sealed copy on EBAY (at the time of this blog) selling for $75.
10. The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior FYE 2 Disc Collectors Edition: This was available at FYE and had a very short shelf life. As with any store exclusive, like FYE, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart, you want to grab these as soon as you see them cause chances are they wont be coming around a second time. This DVD demands $35-$55 and still factory sealed $75-$95.
I hope you enjoyed this list of must have DVD’s, if you already have them in your collection I suggest that you hold on to them cause if you let them go they’re gonna be tricky to find. If you don’t have them, then it’s gonna be a bit of a hunt and some cold hard cash to acquire them for your collection. Happy Hunting!