The Extreme Rules 2013 DVD will be released on June 18th. We currently have no information yet to indicate that the event will also be produced on Blu-ray format in the US. Below is the official synopsis:
It’s time to toss the rulebook out the window once again as WWE goes extreme! With the after-effects of WrestleMania still lingering, stipulations are added to each contest for guaranteed chaos in – and sometimes out of – the ring. Last year’s event saw the return of the merciless Brock Lesnar, who battled John Cena in one of the fiercest contests in WWE history. Who knows what will happen this year, when the Superstars of Raw and SmackDown collide on the one night where the only rules are extreme rules.
Including Extreme Rules, you can check out the full list of confirmed WWE DVD and Blu-ray release dates from March to June at WWE DVD Blu-ray Release Dates.
As you’ve heard, Elimination Chamber 2013 will be on Blu-ray as a Best Buy exclusive. We can confirm that it will be exclusive to that store for a 3 month period until it is released widely on June 18th, the same date as the Extreme Rules release.
Amazon recently dropped the price of the SummerSlam 2012 Blu-ray over here.
All 4 WrestleMania Anthology volumes are now priced less than $20 each! Check here.
Readers are sending word that the new Bret Hart “Dungeon Collection” DVD (released this Tuesday) is now being found at K-Mart stores, priced at $19.95. Some have been successful buying it early before the street date, while others have been turned away.
If you’re buying the Bret Hart DVD online then Amazon is worth a look ($19.59 at this link).
If you’re buying the Blu-ray online then eBay is worth a look. You can get it for $28.16 shipped at this link and it’s priced similar on BestBuy.com.
Robert Joncas sent word that he recently imported some of the re-issued Attitude Collection (e.g. Undertaker: The Phenom with WWE logo on the cover) from the UK to the US. He notes that all appear to be region free, and if that’s the case it’s a good way to save some money if you can’t find or afford the originals.
Speaking of those Attitude Collection re-issues, we’ve heard they have recently found on sale in UK Poundland stores for the bargain price of £1 each! Thomas Goodearl let us know that HMV’s Blue Cross sale, which includes 30% off WWE DVD titles, ends tomorrow.
We had word from WWEShop that our “DVDWWE5” promo code continues to be active through March. That gets you $5 off any purchases of $30+ on their site and remains the best way of getting money off lower priced orders! Use the code.
Until tomorrow, code “WWEAFFTAKE20” gives 20% off Clearance Items. No min. spend!
The trailer for WWE Raw 100: The Top 100 Moments in WWE History:
Roger Palmer’s rundown of digital/download news out of February:
– The biggest WWE release of the month was The Best of RAW and Smackdown 2012 on most digital platforms such as Vudu and Amazon. This set is released digitally across 3 volumes.
– Royal Rumble 2013 was also released, featuring the Rock vs CM Punk and the Royal Rumble match. As per the norm with these digital releases, each match is available for just a couple of dollars each.
– WWEGreatestMatches.com posted some new full videos this past month including the CM Punk vs John Cena match from RAW, as well as some Elimination Chamber matches from 2012, 2011 and 2010.
– The WWE Studios “The Marine 3: Homefront” movie starring The Miz will be released on March 5th through the usual digital platforms.
– Also set for release on March 5th is Bret Hart: The Dungeon Collection which will see each match available as single separate downloads, following the same format used for the recent Undertaker: The Streak and nWo: The Revolution releases.
We noticed an original WWF WrestleMania 17 DVD sold on eBay over the weekend (here) for $54 which is quite a reasonable price for anybody hunting it. Below are a few more upcoming auctions to keep an eye on, thanks to Mike Bonavoglia.