FremantleMedia Enterprises officially take over today as the new licensee for WWE Home Entertainment in the UK and throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa. Their new shop site is expected to launch within the next week or so, and you can sign up in advance now at wwedvd.co.uk.
As of last word, the following are the upcoming UK release dates:
Night Of Champions 2012 (21st January)
Hell In A Cell 2012 (28th January)
Top 100 Raw Moments (4th February)
The Attitude Era (18th February)
Live in the UK – November 2012 (25th February)
Best PPV Matches 2012 (4th March)
Survivor Series 2012 (11th March)
TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs (25th March)
Clear Vision Ltd, the previous licensee for WWE DVDs in Europe, look to have a future with TNA Impact Wrestling. Power Slam and FSM magazines confirm that Queensway Digital (Clear Vision’s parent company) have reached an agreement for the TNA license.
[Further details of this report have now been removed at the request of Lauren Soar, a Silver Vision representative, on 2/1/2013].
Digital news coming out of December follows below, thanks to Roger Palmer.
– Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain (Collector’s Edition) is now available to download on iTunes. It is priced at $19.99 for the season, while single matchs featured on the DVD are available for $1.99 each. The documentary is only available if you buy the season. This is another slightly different approach to the previous release “The Streak”.
– nWo: The Revolution is also now listed as available to download on iTunes, with each match being available to download on their own for just $1.99 each. The documentary has also been made available to view on Netflix.
– Rock vs. Cena: Once in a Lifetime and The Top 50 Finishers documentary features are also now also available to stream on Netflix.
– WWE Survivor Series 2012 is also now available to download on iTunes. Each match available in SD for $1.99, or $2.99 for HD.
– WWE The Top 100 Moments In Raw History has also been released in a digital format and is split across 2 volumes, available now on Xbox Live.
– TNAondemand.com have added Bound for Glory 2012 to their list of PPVs available to subscribers.
– WWE Greatest Matches (wwegreatestmatches.com) continues to update throughout the month, with the following matches now added:
- The Rock vs Big Show (Raw 2000)
- Bret Hart & British Bulldog vs Jim Neidhart & Owen Hart
- Rey Mysterio vs Tyson Kidd
- Stone Cold vs Undertaker
- Dudley Boyz & Steve Blackman vs Lo Down (Tables Match)
- John Cena vs R-Truth (Tables match)
- Randy Orton vs Miz (Tables Match)
- CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio Vs the Miz
- & many more
– Ring of Honor sent out a press release regarding their Digital on demand service:
Ooyala is a leading provider of online video streaming technology and currently streams over 1 billion videos to 200 million unique viewers, in more than 30 countries per month. Ooyala boasts the fastest load times in the industry and promotes their multi-screen delivery as well as live streaming effectiveness. Through Ooyala’s continued success, they have also earned the business of other major companies such as ESPN, Pac-12 Enterprises, Miramax, Bloomberg, Rolling Stone, Dell, etc.
What can the ROH fans expect?
-Faster Load Times
-Adaptive Bitrate Streaming across all devices to ensure the smoothest, highest quality stream on PC’s, iPads, iPhones, android tablets,
laptops, etc. No more buffering!
-Live DVR functionality for internet pay per views – Fans will be able to used DVR functions during live streamed events. This means if someone joins late, they can begin watching from the beginning, skip to a later time, or even jump to Live just like they would on their television.
-Instant Availability of Replays – Once the live event is over, fans will be able to watch the replay immediately. No more waiting!
When will this be implemented?
The live streaming portion will be ready in time for Final Battle 2012!! If you have to join us late, you can start watching from the beginning. If you can’t watch the live stream, the replay will be available as soon as the live stream ends.
Over the next month or so, all video on demand content and TV episodes will migrate over to Ooyala’s platform, improving the quality and availability of all video content.