*GONG!* It’s time for several new updates on WWE’s anticipated “Undertaker: The Last Ride” DVD that’s scheduled for release next month to North America and Europe.
The front cover artwork was revealed earlier this week. In case you missed it —
Today comes the reveal of the back cover artwork. WrestlingDVDNetwork.com has an exclusive shot of the U.S. version below, which will be presented in black and white; this follows the colour scheme of the spine artwork you may have spotted in the original cover reveal.
This box art confirms the complete runtime of the 2-disc DVD set to be approx. 5.5 hours (all of the episodes of the series, the bonus episode and these extras) and it states:
For the first time ever, Mark Calaway, the man behind The Deadman, comes out of the darkness and sits down with WWE Network for Undertaker: The Last Ride.
In this critically acclaimed 5-part docuseries, WWE follows The Phenom on his emotional journey towards having one last great match and putting the final nail in the coffin of his legendary career.
Now also unveiled from the dark side is the “Undertaker: The Last Ride” Alternate Artwork!
As you’ve been following, this artwork is confirmed for the 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (the UK’s Blu-ray with a signed ‘Taker photo among other goodies!), and we’re told this artwork will be found in the U.S. too, as an exclusive slipcover on initial copies available through Walmart.
We can finally reveal the artwork for @undertaker The Last Ride – 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition Blu-ray!
Limited to just 500 copies & available EXCLUSIVELY at https://t.co/pMJJmLe794! Includes a mini-comic and a photo hand-signed by the Deadman! >> https://t.co/dCoJdFjKNk pic.twitter.com/5kwcGmYxQy
— WWE Home Video UK (@WWEHomeVideoUK) October 16, 2020
From WWEDVD.co.uk —
This heart stopping special edition features a unique slip case that presents The Deadman himself ominously looming with the whites of his eyes piercing the veil of shadow cast by his signature hat. With his powerful hands beckoning all who dare to view what lies within.
This slip case will contain the following:
- Undertaker – The Last Ride 5-part documentary series presented in full HD Blu-ray format. Including a Bonus Animated Episode and a further 20 minutes of Bonus content including never-before-seen deleted scenes and outtakes.
- The unique full colour mini comic book taken directly from the original Undertaker: Rise of The Deadman graphic novel published by BOOM! Studios, written by Chad Dundas and beautifully illustrated by Rodrigo Lorenzo.
- The special hand signed artcard depicting in one of his signatures poses during a classic episode of SmackDown and bares his 30th anniversary seal.
Last but not least — fans in the U.S., this product listing on Walmart.com could be THE product listing you’ve been waiting for, to get your hands on the “Undertaker: The Last Ride” DVD!
As a reminder, in the United States it will be Walmart stores that have the DVD available first because Walmart has secured a 4-week store exclusive window on the title, before it releases everywhere else in December.
This new product listing, while likely the correct one, appears to have a few errors right now. For one, it gives the impression “The Last Ride” is already shipping out and available right now! (…though maybe there’s a slight chance it might be). We’ve also been keeping an eye on the price; it started off priced around $199 and has come down to around the $50 mark in the past few hours.
We’re sure the availability issue and high pricing are just temporary glitches, but keep an eye on the Walmart page for updates if you intend to purchase the DVD online.
Get your hands on WWE’s “UNDERTAKER: THE LAST RIDE” DVD…
– United States: November 17th via Walmart.com, December 15th for wider release.
– UK/Europe: November 23rd. You can pre-order the DVD (or Blu-ray) here on Amazon.co.uk.
– Australia: TBA. Look out for a pre-order announcement soon over at Madman.com.au.