Welcome to another “Digital Update” where we bring you the past month’s WWE and TNA digital download news for the United States, in one handy place.
– The biggest news of the month is that WWE has released the “Wrestlemania Collection” for download. This includes Wrestlemania’s 1 through 15, currently only available to buy on Zune with the one week exclusivity they have. It’s set to be released to other platforms on Feb 14th. The collection is available in two volumes (1985-1991, 1992-1999), and it marks the first time WWE have released classic PPV events to download. We would expect this trend to continue as the digital download business grows.
– WWE TLC 2011 was released across all digital platforms including iTunes, with each match being available to buy for just $1.99 (SD) & $2.99 (HD).
– As expected, RAW & Smackdown: The Best of 2011 wasn’t released as a digital download, since all episodes of those shows are already available to download.
– Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred, a movie featuring John Cena, is available as a digital download to rent/buy on the usual platforms.
– As per the norm, both WWE Classics On Demand and WWE Greatest Matches have updated their services with new content. The theme for WWE Greatest Matches in February is “Passport to Pain” which focuses on videos of events which took place outside of the US.
– New episodes of WWE Smackdown, RAW & Impact Wrestling have continued to be made available to download through the usual outlets.
It’s been a very busy month for TNA digital releases, due to issues they are facing following Navarre, the DVD distributor they worked with, going out of business. TNA have released all of the 2011 PPV’s on Zune to download, jumping their release schedule by months since no new TNA DVD is currently set to be released until they sort out the problems.
In the mean time, TNA’s website added some front page ads a few weeks ago that linked to iTunes/Zune, stating that there is lots of new content being added on the platforms. Whilst it didn’t happen instantly, there have been some huge updates.
The 2011 editions of Hardcore Justice, Destination X, No Surrender, Bound for Glory, Turning Point and Final Resolution are all now available to download on Zune along with The Best of Jeff Hardy Volume 2. Hardcore Justice & Destination X were also added to TNAondemand.com.
iTunes has also been updated with No Surrender 2011, in addition to both parts of The Best of Jeff Hardy, each video here priced at just $1.99 each.
@ vince i dont care what you hate…please dont disrespect tna
I would expect the Wrestlemania Collection to appear on PSN this week as they usually get everything released so far.
So does this mean this WM Collection is going to see release on PSN since WWE releases everything on there, too?
Vince Russo Fired could not be happier for TNA, good for them. Great promotion
I can care less about TNA. I hate that garbage promotion.
Pretty cool…i live in Canada and checked my Xbox 360 and didn’t have the Wrestlemania collection on there…it’s probably only in the US, sucks we don’t get these either. I even tried to change my location to the US and still don’t see it.
On itunes canada however we get everything the US gets, besides the TNA PPVs, the last one we have is Slammiversary 2011.